Friday, May 8, 2015

May 8th (Day 6)

Today in class I started by finishing up my Google Earth tour. I had used Google Earth before to look up my house and other places, but never did I think I would be able to relate it to something educational. However, after class I am pleasantly surprised with just how useful it really can be and how easy it is to use. Making a tour was not that difficult and it was fun to try and make connections between multiple different places. I think this is a great tool to use in a classroom that would engage students while forcing them to look up facts about different places. This is something I will definitely keep in mind for when I have my own classroom and is something I would love to do with my students. Another tool I found useful that we learned about today was something called "Socrative". This is something that I had never heard about but actually think is very interesting and a unique tool. For example, in a classroom setting I would set it up so when I ask a question students would be able to record their answers in either a true/false style or a multiple choice. It is a great way to see what the students think that also allows them to be anonymous throughout. This is another tool I will definitely have to use in the future that I think could be very beneficial.

No comments:

Post a Comment