Friday, May 29, 2015

May 29th (Day 8)

Last week in class we learned all about coding. At first I was slightly hesitant, but only because all I had heard about it was complicated and out of my area of expertise. However, as soon as we got started it became a little more clear and I could easily see the benefits of it. Going on to a website such as the one that deals with an hour of coding can give students insight that they otherwise would not have been able to attain. While participating in the hour of coding myself I found it was not as difficult as I once thought and was actually quite fun. The games were simple yet informational and honestly gave me satisfaction when I finished and completed something correctly. The game I played dealt with giving a monkey directions (using the different codes) in order for him to gather all the bananas he wants. I think this could be vital for students when I am teaching so they can gain the confidence on computers and learn coding, all while enjoying themselves. I am glad we participated in the hour of coding and I think it is a skill everyone should have.

No comments:

Post a Comment