Monday, April 27, 2015

April 27th (Day 4)

In the last class we began talking about making a movie on an iPad and what that looks like and what that could do. Never having been around iPad's a whole lot I was a little nervous to use it and to figure out what it can do. I really had no clue it could be used for so many different tools and I never even thought about how helpful it can be to students. Years ago I do not believe people would have thought that technology would play such a large role in the classrooms, however, they do make a big impact and more and more students are growing up with them in their hands. So when we began the discussion of how making a movie in a classroom could be beneficial I was blown away by the responses and examples other students gave and what could be done with it. I now can see how it would encourage teamwork and cooperation, it is a way for students to express themselves, it is a way to show their understanding of a book they just read or something they just discussed. There are numerous ways it can help give students a creative outlet and the possibilities are truly endless. After this class I am finally realizing that we can not stop the advancement of technology in a classroom and it can actually be a good, useful tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment